The need for courtyard gardens and patio gardens have increased in demand as people require them to get away from the pressures of life. Courtyard gardens have become a very important extension of your home and its easy to see why. These garden courtyards or patio gardens are very beautiful and tranquil and can be designed according to your needs and demands and are ideal for easy apartment gardening.
Courtyard garden design can be a very enjoyable experience, if you have a small area that you wish to decorate. Courtyard gardens can be either large or small depending on the area in which you decide to garden and are excellent when you have limited space to garden. Majority of courtyard gardens are designed in a manner which is found open to the sky, but sometimes it can be covered partially by a pergola. It can also be covered completely using transparent coverings such as glass or polycarbonate. Courtyards can be designed in such a way, that it seems as if it is a part of the house. .
Patio Garden Ideas
When creating a patio garden it is important to understand the entire process and patio garden ideas before embarking on this adventure.
- The things that will be of great importance when designing your patio garden will be flooring for one. Be sure to aim for a surface that complements the design of your home.
- Painting the patio garden walls in colors that work with the interior of your home is very important in creating a beautiful patio.
- An important part of creating a beautiful courtyard garden is adding fixtures and fittings such as arches, pergolas and miniature container plants.
- You can also add a small coffee table and a bench, but make sure that you do not cramp the entire patio.
Always consider you interior accessories when decorating your patio garden in order to maintain a flow from the home into the patio.
Choosing Patio Garden Plants
When choosing? your courtyard or patio garden plants, it is important to understand the space that you have to work with. You can find a host of plants that all well suited for your courtyard or patio garden, such as:
- Adam’s Needle
- Bizzie Lizzie
- Chusan Palm
- Lily of the Valley
These plants work are great courtyard garden design ideas as they work well in restricted areas. You can also find a host of other plants that work well with patio and courtyards. These include:
- Dwarf Fan Palm
- Forest Pansy
- Ornamental Cherry
- Passion Flower
- Red Hot Poker
- Rock Rose.
Adding plants to your courtyard and patio garden adds to the beauty of the area creating a magical and tranquil feel. If you have trouble finding plants at the local nursery, you can even buy plants online.
Planning and implementing a courtyard garden is an enjoyable experience and it is a great way to use small spaces in your house to create a masterpiece.
- Courtyard Garden Design - Gardening Australia